M-Elec Pty Ltd (“M-Elec”) warrants its products against manufacturing faults under the On-Site Warranty on the following terms and conditions. Important notice: M-Elec Pty Ltd only warrants the products against manufacturing faults.
1) The On-Site Warranty (“OSW”) for all products is 3 years from the date of installation. This does not change the product warranty period (which is stated on the website).
2) The OSW is only valid if:
MAKING A CLAIM
4) If a Homeowner or the M-WORLD member wishes to make a claim on the OSW then they must do so within 14 days after discovering the fault by following the OSW Claim process online.
5) The M-WORLD or Homeowner must follow M-Elec’s Warranty Claim process to allow M-Elec to determine eligibility for the OSW.
WHAT IS COVERED?
6) If an OSW claim is processed, M-Elec will automatically allow claims under $88 (including GST). Any costs or quotes more than this limit must be formally quoted. To the maximum extent permitted by law, M-Elec accepts no liability for incidental or consequential damage.
Cherry picker price for a half day hire (with trailer) $275 per day
Snorkel lift/boom arm lift hire for a half day (with delivery & pickup) requires a tilt tray truck for delivery to job site POA, $198 per day for boom hire. POA for the delivery charge.
Call out/first hour rate for a job – $88+ GST per hour
7) The OSW is solely limited to the repair or replacement of the product, plus installation expenses. M-Elec will allow a maximum amount based on the job and circumstances.
8) Any products replaced under the OSW as a result of an OSW claim are only warranted for the balance of the M-Elec Warranty Period.
9) M-Elec may at its discretion pay travel costs incurred by Authorised Service Agents and costs associated with the hire of extension ladders, scaffolding and other costs required to service products installed. M-Elec will only pay these if approved in writing by M-Elec prior to installation under the OSW Claim.
10) To be eligible for the OSW claim, the products must have been installed in accordance with M- Elec’s installation guidelines and any relevant codes and standards. This OSW does not apply and is considered null and void if the products were incorrectly installed. Any repairs carried out by an Authorised Service Agent due to incorrect installation will be charged to the Homeowner at the time of service and M-Elec will not be liable under the OSW.
11) The OSW does not apply to products that fail as a result of neglect, mistake, misuse, alteration, exposure to the elements, or that are improperly installed and implemented. This includes but is not limited to: improper wiring, installation under improper and non-approved operating environments such as temperature, humidity, corrosion or voltage conditions; improper installation using components that are not approved or are not M-Elec manufactured products.
12) The OSW does not extend to the following:
13) M-Elec is not liable for the accuracy and completeness of any statements, technical information and recommendations in any form of product literature or instructions. These are not guaranteed and are not part of this OSW, and do not in any way constitute a warranty.
14) The Homeowner and/or installer is solely responsible for determining the suitability of the Products for installation and full implementation and must determine potential applications and installations independently. It is the responsibility of the Homeowner to obtain all necessary approvals and to understand the intended use of the Products and all relevant instructions, recommendations, and guidelines for the proper installation and use of any Products.
15) Flickering is the main cause of problems associated with LED products. This usually results from input problems not driver or light fitting issues. No warranty is covered for faults occurring because of this. 16) To the fullest extent permitted by law, M-Elec is not responsible or liable for any injuries, damages, or death caused by the use, misuse or failure of Products.
17) This OSW is in addition to any other rights the consumer may have under the Australian Consumer Law. This OSW gives additional protection for Products and identifies a preferred approach to resolving warranty claims which will be quickest and simplest for all parties.
18) M- Elec’s goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a Major Failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a Major Failure.
19) This OSW does not cover any loss, damage or delay directly or indirectly caused by any malfunction of or defect of or failure of the Product other than stated in this On-Site Warranty. M-Elec’s liability is limited, to the fullest extent permitted by law, to the refund or replacement of the Product. M- Elec expressly does not warrant that a Product will last any particular length of time nor guarantee is made as to fitness to a particular application.
In these Terms & Conditions the following definitions apply: ‘Authorised Service Agent’ means such person engaged for the purpose of attending the address registered under the OSW to repair or replace a faulty Product. ‘Homeowner’ means the owner of the property in which the Product is installed. ‘Major Failure’ has the definition given to it in the Australian Consumer Law. ‘OSW’ means this On-Site Warranty. ‘M-WORLD’ means an electrician which has been registered as an M-WORLD member with M-Elec. ‘M-WORLD Warranty Period’ means the warranty period applicable to Products installed by an M-WORLD. ‘Product’ means products supplied by M-Elec but not including project products or non-branded products unless otherwise agreed in writing. ‘Registration Fee’ means such fee payable by the M-WORLD for the On-Site Warranty as determined from time to time by M-Elec in its discretion.
Customer Service operates between 7.30AM to 4:30 PM EST Monday to Friday
Toll-Free Customer Service Hotline: 1300 222 445
Customer Service Fax: 07 5437 05721